Andy Lau loves his Cow Sculpture


Could he had done such a masterpiece? Well, with all the money had, he really doesn't need to sweat to get it done. Just wondering who is the scapegoat going to be, if the cow got screwed up.

Invited by the organizing committee of the International CowParade, Andy Lau, a popular actor, singer and producer based in Hong Kong, will present his own-created cow sculpture during the 2010 Xiamen International CowParade this April to October.

The cow artwork, named “Ben”, was first created by Andy Lau for the 2009 Taipei International CowParade last February.

He said that he is an “OX” man, as he was born in the year of OX. He has made two small cow sculptures, named Andox and Heizai, when he was still a little boy, and regarded the two works as his own sons.

”I have an affinity with ox as my Chinese zodiac is ox. My first soft toy designs are also 2 oxen: Andox and Blackie, I regarded these 2 creations of mine as my sons,” said Andy Lau.

“It was my honor to be able to take part in the 2009 Taipei CowParade,” Andy said, “I just considered myself to be a big cow during the creating, and drew my two sons, Andox and Blackie, on the body of the new sculpture, they’re rushing towards the city. I named it "Ben". In Chinese, "Ben" means 3 cows together. (note: “rushing cow” means “Ben Niu” in Mandarin, the Chinese translation for CowParade)

Andy Lau’s artwork “Ben” will be displayed at the Xiamen Genshen Cultural Creative Park from 8th April to 8th October.

No comments:

Post a Comment